Attachment Parenting

"To trust children we must first learn to trust ourselves...and most of us were taught as children that we could not be trusted." John Holt

Friday 11 April 2014

Babywearing helped us out today!

Thank you so much, YOU, unnamed stranger mum who carried your child in a carrier first time ever zillions years ago! Thank you! I am so grateful that we have babywearing, that we all have this skill and that manufacturers make our lives easier with all these beautiful and useful carriers. Also I am very happy that I can benefit from this common knowledge and use back carries in so many different styles.

Today, right after our baby signing class, we stayed out for a lunch. I do not know what was wrong or what my son ate yesterday or this morning that could cause such an upset stomach. Had a very bad accident in the nappy.

I could give him a clean nappy and one piece of T-shirt. (+Shoes, hat and a cardigan) No trousers, socks, bodies... NADA! As we were just left for 1,5 hours and he do not goes out more than one a day any more.

We were not far from home but this short walk could have make him cold easily.
I cannot carry him in the front for a long walk any more, he is too heavy for me. But I just pictured him running around me naked on the street and I felt immediately grateful for my SSC.

What I figured that in the carrier I can make him sit on my scarf (which I usually wear) and could wrap his legs. A wrap would have been even better this time...
Anyway he fall asleep on my back by the time we got home. (This happens nowadays any time I wrap him or put him in a carrier which is a bit unusual from a 17 months old boy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment