Attachment Parenting

"To trust children we must first learn to trust ourselves...and most of us were taught as children that we could not be trusted." John Holt

Friday 11 April 2014

REVIEW - Liliputi Stretchy Wrap


Liliputi® Strechy Wrap - Rainbow line - Tweetie Pink
Source: Liliputi

Liliputi Stretchy Wrap comes in many different colours.
It is actually beautifully designed. I used this wrap when my son was born and did not actually put it away until he was heavy for the stretchy half a year later. I tell you here my experience using it for months and trying it again now when my son is much older. This is only my story and my point of view. It is not a judgement, neither a recommendation. (just saying)



The perfect baby carrier for newborn and young babies
- Yes, I agree, it is very soft and easy to pre-tie.
Feels like in mom's belly
- I cannot value this one...I do not remember how I felt in my mums' belly. :) But should be good as babies seem to sleep hours in this wrap.
From newborn, till up to 9 kgs
- As I could not do front or hip carry after 6 kg - I could not use stretchy any longer. My son is 17 months old today and still not yet 10 kg... I cannot really imagine to wear him in this wrap, specially that I tried to put him on my back with it as per instructions and it did not work out. He just moved a little bit and the fabric let him lean back and side to side as I asked him to wiggle. I also try to put him on front and it was still awesome! I do not think that it would last for hours but for couple of minutes it was great. 
Easier to tie then a woven wrap
- It is possible to make  a pre-tie which needs to be redo every now and then and it can make you feel that it is more secure to put your baby in the wrap. I would not say, though, that it is easier to tie than a woven because there  with a woven are so many techniques you can choose from which can fit somebody more. Anyway I feel that every single carrier has its own advantage and cannot be compared to each other. They are all fruits but one apple, one pear...
Stylish designs, unique patterns
- This is very true, I am in love with the colours and the patterns. I felt really proud walking outside and get all the comments how nice my wrap was.
Hidden large pocket
- It is there but right behind the baby's back which makes me a bit worried that parents might actually use it  to put their phones, keys, etc in there which could hurt the baby and also put an extra pressure on the baby's spine. I used it for small cut of textiles, tissue - maybe.
Parallelogram-like endings for easier tying
- As the wrap comes in one size, it is long enough so the end did not really bother me - but I can imagine that for someone bigger then me (if it is ever possible:) ), this can be an issue as the wrap ends are actually cut, so cannot really tie them as safe as needed.
Machine washable
- This is fantastic.
Certified OekoTex 100 Fabrics
- Well done.
Designed & made in the EU
- I like that - specially like small family businesses who grow with time and are still able to focus on their customers' needs.

Composition:
wrap – 97% cotton, 3% spandex
decor – 100% cotton
The decor cover at the baby's back is not stretchy which is great, it makes the wrap feel safer for me.

Sizes
length – 5 meters
width – 60 cm
I was happy with the size.

And their instructions.
All in all it is a great wrap, soft and cuddly and it is perfect for newborns, specially for premature babies. I would say that it is a good wrap for twin carry in the first couple of months, too. I think the age, weight limit and the back carry should be reconsidered. Otherwise if you want a wrap for the first months to enjoy skin-to-skin this is a perfect one.

______________________________________________________________
Please note that the reviews you can read here are not recommendations and not intended to value any sling or carrier over the other. These reviews are based on parents feedbacks and experience. You might feel differently as there is no two babywearers who would have the same size, body shape or baby to carry.
Read these lines only as guidance and as notes from our everyday lives. Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment